Material backing up a lecture on Power and Effects size to 4th year students.
Lecture slides (1 Feb 2017):
- PowerPoint file "PSYC402H-ES-power-2017.pptx"
FAQsDifficulty downloading the above files?
Please note section below.
Power analysis for moderation?
G*Power does not cover moderation directly. However, moderation is a regression, thus estimate N in moderation by using:
- The G*Power regression (R2 increase) option.
- You would have at least three predictors
- IV2 (or MO [moderator])
- IV1xIV2 (the interaction between IV1 and IV2)
Power analysis for mediation
G*Power does not cover mediation directly. Estimate N in mediation using these options:
- Using regression (change from zero) in G*Power
- N = 50 + 8k
- N = 104 + k
Out of 1, 2, and 3 use the one that produces the largest N.
- Try right-clicking the link and try any "save as" or "save link" options.
- If you are using Chrome and are logged in to Google you might like to click the file (Google will open the file as a preview) then you should have options at the top of the window to download the file.