Just a few table templates based on APA style. Remember to use the APA manual.
The word documents attached to this blog have various table templates/ideas in them that you can obviously improve on.
Templates to report means and standard deviation, correlation matrix, ANOVA, repeated-measures ANOVA, multiple regression analysis, and mediation.
The other word document has templates for meta-analysis tables.
Table templates v12.docx (updated 5 April 2017)
Table check list:
- Create the table using the insert table function in your word processor. Avoid using tabs and definitely do not use multiple spaces to format your tables.
- Only report highlights from the table in text. If all the table information is already in text then why use a table?
- Refer to the table in text before you include the table.
- Make sure every column has a heading.
- Make sure that a table is self contained that is the reader should be able to make sense of it without reading your whole article.
- Explain abbreviations in the table Note section.
- Report either p values in the table or as part of the note section such as "* p < .05." NOT both.
- Make sure the reader knows that the values in the table are (e.g., column headers, table caption).
- etc. very good checklist in the APA manual.